We've finally decided on a family cargo bike with electric assist
Here's the test ride that convinced my wife this was the bike for her.
|The bucket, with my son and his "fancy dress" clothes from the thrift store. Not sure where he came from! |
|The bucket next to a Radwagon Monkey Bar Caboose. The bucket is actually lower, but looks even. See below photo.|
|Right: See how much lower the bucket is than the Radwagons Caboose? Mid-drive motor and battery on custom bracket in center.|
Mid-Drive Electric Assist Specs on this Bike.
- Bafang 1000 watt BBSHD kit.
- 14 amp hour battery
- Battery bracket: Karl Kemnizter custom makes it locally in Brattleboro.
- Gear sensor, a gear sensor extension wire, and a speed sensor extension wire.
- Lekkie Bling ring. It's smaller and stronger, stock chainring worked ok on the test bike.
- Night lights.
- Front rack/basket from Madsen Cycles
|VT Bike Solutions test Madsen with Befang 1000w mid-drive|
|Madsen Bucket Bike with a BaFang BBSHD 1000w Mid-Drive motor next to a Radwagon.|
|Close up of BaFang BBSHD 1000w Mid-Drive motor|
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!