We've finally decided on a family cargo bike with electric assist
Lot's of research and actual test rides of a Radwagon, Yuba Mundo, and Bike Friday Haul-a-Day later, we pick Madsen Cycle's Bucket Bike! Here's our developing spec sheet with help from Dave at vbikesolutions.org
|Testing VT Bike Solutions test Madsen with Befang 1000w mid-drive. We'll get Red I think.|
|The bucket, with my son and his "fancy dress" from the thrift store that he loves|
- Bafang 1000 watt BBSHD kit.
- 14 amp hour battery with the Panasonic cells (or something with 14AH or higer). At least that's what we have and I think it will give you way more range. Maybe lower for only our lower ranged needed, Dave is a riding madman.
- Battery bracket: Karl Kemnizter custom makes it locally in Brattleboro. Or maybe brackets from this mid-drive kit: https://www.bikeswift.com/products/swift-mad
- Gear sensor, a gear sensor extension wire, and a speed sensor extension wire.
- Stock chain ring for now.
DIY Caleb and Laura can do
- Flat-proof the tires with tire liners and flat sealant and some some slime in the inner tubes.
- Front and back blinking for daylight visibility (not night time driving). Dave's kit was <$100 and everything is connected to the main battery.
- ($90) Lekkie Bling ring. It's smaller and stronger, stock chainring worked ok on the test bike.
- Better night lights.
- Front rack/basket from Madsen Cycles
- DIY rain cover?