"How Old Are You?"Born in 1966.
"What camera do you use?"Canon G7 X. On my belt, as long as I'm awake, with a mini tripod, extra battery and card in my backpack.
"Why not Wordpress?"I love Wordpres, my portfolio is on Wordpress.com, and I teach using a hosted instance at the college. But for a daddy blog, I didn't have time to get distracted with plugins and all those options. I wanted to get straight to the content. I'm still not sure I made the right choice, but I had to choose!
"Any advice about blogging?"
Reply to comments if you want a community.
Learn the very basics of:
- Creativity: I find it very hard as an adult to just let go and express myself and create. This book helped me a lot. The Artist's Way.
- Web Usability: Don't make me think.
- Design. The Non-Designers Design Book. A classic, great for web, print, business cards, etc. It's all about C.R.A.P.
- Photography: Rule of thirds and three point lighting. Crop and edit most every photo.
- Videography: Ditto, and add the concept of microhon proximity. Invest in your tools. If you don't use them, stop blogging and sell them.